On T-7 days until the big move (Chicago, are you ready?!), I got appropriately dressed for going away party number one.
Having come to New York right after college and spent five years in the glorious city – I decided (and friends approved) that inviting a slew of individuals to one of our favorite bars from our “just-out-of-college” days was the best way to proceed.
I reserved half the bar for myself and said brood of (sophisticated) jaeger-bomb loving friends.
To start the night, we held a “pre-game” at my brother’s apartment and appropriately took some shots and made some toasts to start the night.
Feeling pretty happy and ready to party like its 2007…. We made our way to one of my beloved bars to properly say goodbye to New York City.
The night was a fantastic success.
I found the following to be essential to my fond memories (in no order):
– A tiara (No, it’s not my birthday. Yes, I pretended it was half the night.)
– A throne (The bar had a wooden throne. I utilized this surprising item to my fullest enjoyment.)
– Friends from all walks of life that reminded me of the great life I’d built
– New friends (brought by old friends.)
– My brother
– Angry bouncers (how I’ll miss your spunk old friends.)
I was my hyper self. I took random photos that looked absurd in the morning. I shared nachos with 20 people. I danced. I hugged (a lot of people). I made new friends. I spent time with old friends. I celebrated.
Hung-over breakfast was even sweeter than usual.