Let’s take a 5 minute break from the sarcasm.
In light of the whole breaking the wrist thing and some other mishaps that occurred this week, I think this is a good time as any to come up with all the good things that have happened over the past week.
It’s a trick I came up with about 6 years ago when my mom passed.
Take a small notebook and write down all the good things that happened that day/week.
It’s called perspective people.
And it works.
And I think this week I need it.
Making a list of the Awesome (or just nice) things that happened is a must.
Without further delay – here are some of the things on my list big and small:
- One of my favorite people in the world has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. This remarkable woman has not only supported me since I started blogging, but has somehow never missed an entry or the chance to send me a message to let me know she is reading. Our families’ friendship made us like sisters and our relationship has evolved into a lifelong bond. Thank you for this amazing award – I’m honored and GRATEFUL for the encouragement, which I often need to keep going! You can find her Awesome blog here.
- One of my co-workers sent me a care package/gift in the mail this week. I was totally caught off guard and SURPRISED. I love surprises. Especially when they come in the cutest gift wrap paper EVER (see pic above). To be thought of out-of-the-blue puts a bit of spring in your step and air in your splint!!
- A reader told me I inspired them to make a list of the things they loved and to do those things. Pretty much the whole point of blogging. (Besides feeling super cool about myself). You can read her list and blog here.
- Received a postcard in the mail from a friend who is traveling with her family up the California coast. Postcards are definitely the coolest. Especially when they offer pertinent information like how much wine your friend is having with her grandmother while on vacation. Thanks for putting a smile on my face friend!
- Bonding with a friend over drinks at sunset on the Chicago river is what summer nights are made of.
- One of my neighbors came and hung pictures in my apartment yesterday. Just to help me out.
- My co-workers initially told me that they would whip out the 1990s bedazzler tool should I need a full cast (so I can look like Mariah Carey). And subsequently purchased 1400 Lisa Frank stickers to outfit my splint. (Lisa Frank makes going to elementary school in the 1990s Awesome). I felt loved.
- Got the chance to ride around in a convertible… the wind in your hair and summer breeze makes any day OK (and reminds you why hair ties are of extreme necessity).
- Dad texting me every night to ask if my spirit is up.
- A friend helping me with laundry.
- My little sister turning the big 1-3.
Some unfortunate things happened but surprisingly I’m feeling pretty zen and even happy.
Good things are happening too :).