We’ve all heard the saying: it’s the small things. I’m here to report that it’s true. The following is my personal list of things (big and small) that I enjoy and to which I aim/aimed to devote more time. I urge everyone to make a list and go do it.
1) Figure Skating (life long passion)
2) Drinking tea at night (because everything can be solved over a cup of tea)
3) Rollerblading (I still crank the ipod and throw my head back like I’m in a photo shoot)
4) Running (new hobby but quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to kick myself into shape)
5) Taking walks outside during lunch (everyone needs a break at some point. I like sitting by the water and picking out which boat I would take home)
7) Cooking in the evenings (I have a few staples that I crave over and over… must expand!)
8) A little recreational swim (I love swimming. I still race with my little sister as if I was 9)
9) Pampering myself (sometimes a girl needs to do her own nails at home or head to the salon for a little massage to get out some tension)
10) Trying new things (I realize this is vague. I group it in the category of pushing the comfort zone. Great way to achieve personal growth)
11) Dance (Not only super fun but great exercise)
13) Meeting new friends in unexpected places
14) The kind of good book that you find yourself taking extra long breaks and skipping after-work plans to read.
15) Grape leaves (I love these little suckers)